We are not flight agents but we are happy to provide you with contact details of the agent that we use to assist you. We can then take care of the rest of the package for you.
Most popular routes
The one stop routes out of Gatwick and Manchester from US Airways and Delta are the most common routes to the Carolinas. You can also fly one stop out of Heathrow with United. British Airways, KLM, Air France and Virgin sometimes offer alternatives to the US airlines.
Flying from other airports
Apart from US Airways and Delta, Continental also operate 1 and 2 stop routes out of several airports including Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol and Birmingham.
The only direct flights to the Carolinas fly into Raleigh/Durham or Charlotte in North Carolina leaving a three to four hour drive to our coastal South Carolina destinations.
For Sawgrass you can fly one stop into Jacksonville with Delta or fly direct to Orlando which is around a two hour drive away.
For Scottsdale you can fly one stop routes via a variety of US hubs including Atlanta, Detroit and Minneapolis with Delta. There are also a variety of airlines who fly direct to Phoenix from Heathrow including British Airways.
For our US Masters packages clients will generally fly into Augusta (AGS) or Columbia (CAE) which is where our Masters budget accommodation is located. Alternatively you could use the direct flights to Atlanta with Delta or to Charlotte with US Airways and drive.
There are a number of airports you can fly into in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. Most popular are Myrtle Beach (MYR), Charleston (CHS), Hilton Head (HHH), Savannah (SAV), Atlanta (ATL), Charlotte (CLT), Raleigh/Durham (RDU) for our Carolina destinations and Jacksonville (JAX) and Orlando (MCO) for Sawgrass. For Scottsdale you will fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
- VISA Waiver program – travellers from the UK can enter the US via the Visa Waiver program. The program allows any number of individual trips of up to 90 days duration.
- To enrol in the program travellers must complete the online ESTA application at least 72 hours prior to travelling.
- On entering the USA every non-US passenger has to go through immigration control. Then collect your baggage which you then walk through customs. I you have a connecting flight there will be a conveyor belt where you can re-check your bags for the connection. You then have to go through security screening.
- If all goes smoothly this entire process will usually take about 1 hour so please bear this in mind when looking at connection times for your route.
- Baggage allowances may vary slightly from airline to airline but generally speaking each passenger is allowed 1 piece of checked baggage up to 50lb in weight.
- Carry on allowance is generally one piece of hand luggage plus one personal item such as handbag, camera bag or laptop case.
- If you have any special needs such as dietary requirements please check out the airlines web site or ask your flight agent for advice.